Sunday, May 6, 2012

In the beginning...

So, here goes. I was having dinner with a friend tonight and she suggested that I start a blog to talk about all the music I love. I am always recommending new and old artists and records to people, and it seems, according to these people, that I have fairly good taste in music. (This friend, who shall remain nameless, but knows who she is, first suggested that I become a radio DJ, then have my own podcast; we settled on a blog)

I've been a fan of music as far back as I can remember. From singing "Daydream Believer" on the playground in kindergarten, the Abba tape we had as kids, collecting Garth Brooks CDs in the early '90s, to filling my ears with all the Beatles, Monkees and other classic rock as I could in the late '90s till now, discovering new artists through other artists' suggestion, going to as many concerts featuring my favorite bands as often as I can. I love it all: the songwriting, the guitars, the bass lines, the backing vocals, the lead singers that close their eyes and put their hands in their pockets as they sing. From A-Ha to the Zombies my music collection holds stuff that I could go on and on about all day. Here's my chance.

So what this blog will be is me, reviewing, suggesting, raving about or just discussing some of my favorite bands, records, songs, artists, songwriters, guitarists, drummers, whatever. I have had the opportunity in the last few months to be introduced to several new and up-and-coming bands (who are fantastic) and have been very eager to share them with as many people as I can. And then there are the bands that I have loved for years, the ones who I always go back to, I love to share them as well.

I don't know how often I'll post new stuff, maybe weekly, maybe daily, who knows. When ever I feel like it. I'm already compiling a list of bands/albums, so get ready to read, listen and love these bands/records as much as I do. If you have any suggestions for posts, feel free to let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't wait to see whats next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think a podcast should at least be considered... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't even know where to begin with a podcast :)

    ReplyDelete